RIP Nintendo Power Dec 2012 Last Issue

Non Vinnie discussion
MatthewF

RIP Nintendo Power Dec 2012 Last Issue

Post by MatthewF »

I dont know how many of you played games or subscribed to NP back in the 80s and 90s but in 2 days the last issue of NP will be released. I subbed in the early 90s and I think my first issue was #43 and I kept my subscription up until I graduated from high school and had many important things to worry about - not enough time to be obsessed with games.
Still I want to try and get the last issue when it comes out before ebay hucksters buy up all the issues and sell them for 100$ a piece which the subscribers (who got theirs 4 days before) are already trying to do on ebay now. The last issue looks pretty cool and it is a variation on the first magazine cover (which I still have the first sample copy sent to me and my brother back in 1988).

http://www.nintendopower.com/
KissMyAss

Re: RIP Nintendo Power Dec 2012 Last Issue

Post by KissMyAss »

I miss tetris. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

This is important. Video games, Nintendo especially, are such an important part of our culture that they need to be acknowledged. While this doesn't mean the end of Nintendo itself, it is still the death of a titan. I used to work as a TA at the library in my middle school and we would get regular issues of NP and my buddy Austin and I would be the first to read them among our friends. It may not seem very important to adults, but Nintendo games have inspired Generation Mi more than anyone can comprehend. The music heard in classics such as Super Metroid and the Legend of Zelda series may very well be among the grassroots of my musical career, and I'm grateful for that. Because video games are not simply forms of entertainment to spend the hours in between work and sleep, they're pieces of art, and as a tribute to these games which I love so much, the next album put out by Axis of Symmetry is going to be a concept album about the Metroid series. It's something that has been in the works for about 4-5 years but I've never had the time or resources to complete, but coming out August 2013 is going to be the very first full length Metroid concept album. I'll probably never have sex in my life, but I know that I'll always have video games...even if Nintendo refuses to make games that appeal back to the core market...I'm talking about you, WiiU....
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I kept my SNES. I love Metroid on it, though I got stuck, even with a walk through!! I'm just not much of a gamer, though I did complete all of the DKC series.

I have a Wii cause I wanted something cool to play with the kids. It emulates SNES games too. They look funny so big.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

I kept my Super Nintendo as well, and just beat all 3 of the DKC's, the 2nd being the hardest. Harder than balls.
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

I wonder if the batteries in my SNES games are still functioning.........
5minLuvKills

Post by 5minLuvKills »

[youtube][/youtube]
Rock and Roll is my RELIGION and my LAW
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Lil' Jack Horny wrote:This is important. Video games, Nintendo especially, are such an important part of our culture that they need to be acknowledged. While this doesn't mean the end of Nintendo itself, it is still the death of a titan. I used to work as a TA at the library in my middle school and we would get regular issues of NP and my buddy Austin and I would be the first to read them among our friends. It may not seem very important to adults, but Nintendo games have inspired Generation Mi more than anyone can comprehend. The music heard in classics such as Super Metroid and the Legend of Zelda series may very well be among the grassroots of my musical career, and I'm grateful for that. Because video games are not simply forms of entertainment to spend the hours in between work and sleep, they're pieces of art, and as a tribute to these games which I love so much, the next album put out by Axis of Symmetry is going to be a concept album about the Metroid series. It's something that has been in the works for about 4-5 years but I've never had the time or resources to complete, but coming out August 2013 is going to be the very first full length Metroid concept album. I'll probably never have sex in my life, but I know that I'll always have video games...even if Nintendo refuses to make games that appeal back to the core market...I'm talking about you, WiiU....

You're funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

I did manage to get a copy of the last issue. Just barely however as I ordered it at 10pm on Dec. 10th and it was sold out by the end of Dec. 12th. It came with a poster of all the NP mag covers. The issue itself has an article about the year by year history of the mag, as well as letters from all the editors as well as some people who work for certain game developers, Konami being one of them. I haven't read all of it yet however. I will later.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Magazines are REALLY getting hit hard.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »