GFeoff Tate's Queensryche

Non Vinnie discussion
poserboy71

GFeoff Tate's Queensryche

Post by poserboy71 »

I am all for Geoff starting a new Queensryche .Drover was in Megadeth, Kelly Gray is a former Queensryche member, they have a keyboardist now... so that's somewhat of a good fit but what was he thinking with Rudy Sarzo and Bobby Blotzer ????

New Lineup
September 1, 2012

I’m sure the last few months have been very frustrating for you.
I know they have been for me.
There are so many questions and so few answers.

It is said that adversity makes one stronger. Well, I’m definitely in a better place now than I’ve ever been before. I feel very positive and excited.

The challenge, when you’re in a creative environment, is keeping things fresh and invigorating, and after working with the same people for thirty years, it gets very difficult—You walk into the room, and everybody knows what everyone is going to do. There’s no spark, the chemistry is very tried and true and you just keep coming up with the same ways of expressing yourself.

Today is a new day and I am thrilled to announce the new Queensrÿche.

Joining me are: Rudy Sarzo, Bobby Blotzer, Glen Drover, Kelly Gray and Randy Gane.

Together we shall embark on a new musical journey that will be a greater extension of where Queensrÿche has ever been.

With this new project, with these new people, it’s a whole new scene. There are new ideas, different musical backgrounds and a whole new set of parameters. Everyone has ideas you haven’t heard before, and everyone is throwing them against the wall and suddenly … the music has a whole new life.

I look forward to this new life and I hope to see you on tour as all of us come together and begin this new era.

Geoff Tate
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: GFeoff Tate's Queensryche

Post by Genebaby »

Nooooo, Ratt need Bobby! Juan just came back, what does this mean? Aahhhhh!

What band hasn't Rudy been in now?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Glen Drover is a very good guitar player. Hey, he learnt all Marty's solos for Megadeth!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Didn't Greg start spitting at band members not long ago? I wouldn't leave Ratt for that.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

How the hell does Sarzo work yet another band into his schedule?!
mfoster

Post by mfoster »

I always loved Ratt....But no offense, Is Bobby good enough to play those parts. I also wonder if they hooked up at a taping of That Metal Show. I know it is one of those shows that records more than one episode in a day
Stand up and be counted
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

At least when Geoff starts spitting on Sarzo he won't have to lick his fingers anymore while playing.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:Didn't Greg start spitting at band members not long ago? I wouldn't leave Ratt for that.
Geoff spit at Scott Rockenfield. Scott earned it by saying," We just fired your family and you're next."
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And Vinnie wanted Sarzo as well. Funny but Blotzer was very highly regarded. I am sure he can play the Queensryche parts. His solo on the 89 or 90 tour was outstanding (not a Ratt fan so I don't remember the name of the tour or year too well. . I would say more entertaining than Tommy Lee and Eric Carr at the time.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ohh.
I do know from my friends in the 'Little Angels' who opened for Queensryche that Geoff was a real jerk to them and the other guys were very cool. Geoff wouldn't let the band sound check even though they had a few hours. He wanted Queensryche to be sound much better than the opening act. I know that was pretty common but no sound check at all. Also they opened for Cinderella and they gave them as much time as they needed. That said I have no idea about Scot and how cool or uncool he maybe .
poserboy71 wrote:
doublev2 wrote:Didn't Greg start spitting at band members not long ago? I wouldn't leave Ratt for that.
Geoff spit at Scott Rockenfield. Scott earned it by saying," We just fired your family and you're next."
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

ohh Little Angels were not that great a band so Geof didn't need to worry [youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
mfoster

Post by mfoster »

It's the L.A. Guns thing all over again.....I don't think they where making a huge amount of money. But how much will they make when there are two bands trying to tour
Stand up and be counted

Post by 1031 »

mfoster wrote:It's the L.A. Guns thing all over again.....I don't think they where making a huge amount of money. But how much will they make when there are two bands trying to tour

My thoughts pretty much, its just a pride thing now fighting over scraps. Tates voice is not what it used to be, but its pretty much the way with his type of vocals. I can only think of maybe five guys with that range that seems to have kept 90% in to their late 50s and only one in his 60s. The master blaster Halford. Sad but true most rock / metal vocalist voice have an expropriation date. I almost forgot king Diamond his still up there.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Michael Kiske seems to be going great guns with his singing, can still do it all. Not sure how old he is though.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's hard getting a band to work. Let's hope they all make up someday.
Bye Bye
AshesToAshes

Post by AshesToAshes »

I'm not a big Queensryche fan, but this is sort of exciting.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

something is ringing a bell
[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

Michael Sweet's voice is still in tip top shape, too bad he still has to waste it singing in Stryper.
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Lil' Jack Horny wrote:Michael Sweet's voice is still in tip top shape, too bad he still has to waste it singing in Stryper.

He's Boston's vocalist too!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(