Bands & Projects that members have been in.

Non Vinnie discussion
metatron

Bands & Projects that members have been in.

Post by metatron »

The band my brother & I formed in 1987. Broke up in 1992. The band was called 'Pink Champagne'. And we sounded like a cross between VVI & Canada's unsigned Glam band called Änä BläcK (who ended up relocating to L.A.) We even used to do a cover of Gypsy in Her Eyes. I was the Singer (Guy, yes the miss Guy LOL :D , in the middle of the two Pixs), the Blonde (Your getting moist aren't u?), my Brother, the Drummer & Two Guitar players & Bass.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Cool as hell.thanks for sharing !!!
Any back in the day stories to share ?
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yer, This one time, at band camp, Na, but seriously. I when to see Poison with the Girl I had the hots for. Anyway I'm looking all cool & shit in my slick PVC, Lace Gloves, Boots (ya get the picture). Any way, I'm outside the Entertainment Centre in Sydney Australia & there is this crowd of people starting swell in front of me. I'm think, what the f**k is going on. So I'm standing there trying to be all cool & nonchalant. Next minute I see this person moving through the crowd & making a bee line for me. I have no idea who this person is at this point as there are a lot of people around. This guy walks up to me & puts his hand out to shake mine & it's C. C. DeVille. He shakes my hand & says you look cool dude. Suffice to say, I still didn't get layed that nite. Them's the breaks.
metatron

Post by metatron »

This other time, The band & I r hanging out @ the Kardomah Cafe, in the Cross. A cool Glam band, the Candy Harlots is playing that night. Also
Skid Row have played days before & are also hanging out @ the Kardomah. During the night one needs to go relieve him self of the many beverages that have been consumed. So I'm standing at the troff doing my business & I feel this guy tap me on the back & say, 'you look cool Man'. It's 'The Snake' Sabo. Didn't mind it coming from Dave Sabo while I'm doing a pie as I've always liked him. He seemed to think outside the box of just listening to pure metal. And also he wore cool Lords of the New Church T-shirts & I'd got into the Lords after listening to Hanoi Rocks & L.A. Guns.
Last edited by metatron on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Those are cool stories. I remember the Candy Harlots but I've never went to Poison as I wasn't in to them, music was too simplistic for me, though I like a couple of songs from the second album, boy that was huge for them back in the day, like, 1988!
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

Well as for me, my first real band didn't ever have an official name, but the name we had for the longest was "Jet Black" and it was me on guitar and a drummer and bass player. We played more of a straight up rock type sound, before I really got into metal. Later on we had another guitar player come in, at that point jealousy arose seeing how the new guy was much better than me. I left the band after the guitar players brother took over bass (he was a huge dick). After that I started a band called "Hounds of Hell" http://www.myspace.com/samus666 (I couldn't figure out a name for us until I listened to Boyz Are Gonna Rock, the line "Running rabid, we're the Hounds of Hell). This band was pseudo NWOBHM After we broke up, I started another band with the drummer of Hounds of Hell called "Meliorate" http://www.myspace.com/666meliorate666 which was a thrash punk kind of style with me on vocals and guitar. And now I'm in the band "External Ruin" http://www.myspace.com/externalruin which is really aggressive melodic death with me on vocals and guitar as well. This band is different than my other ones because I'm actually writing with the other guitar player.
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Two of my bands worked on originals, my first and one a bit later but otherwise I play covers to get out there and have fun.

I did a Kiss covers band after their first reunion tour in 97 which I folded in 2000 but am starting again with the same crew save the drummers as the two we had are both interstate now. That's just a side project with the aim to do a few gigs a year if that, just as a special occasion.

My regular pop/rock cover band has male and female leads so we cover a lot of styles. With the Kiss band I'll play my TSL100 Marshall, straight into the amp and for the other band I play a Pod XT Live into the desk with a monitor for me for versatility and easy lugging!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Check out Teej's hound snoozing through all this! LMFAO!

Beautiful Guitar and nice phrasing and bends Teej!

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Teej playing Vic's TJ Monster Double V

metatron

Post by metatron »

:D This is the Bomb :!: How cool is this. The future of Shred :!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/teej5150#p/u/5/LNGUxHdnEz8
metatron

Post by metatron »

Teej, Get your Shredding Ass over to Australia. :idea: U , Vic & I can form a VV inspired band. Vinnie isn't gonna do it. We might as well give it shot. :D
Lil' Jack Horny

I'll take over vocals for the band. I used to be able to sing Full Shredd full voice.
teej

Post by teej »

aw shucks .. thanx .. guitar is still in Scotland and I havent played in 5 weeks .. am climbing the walls lol
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Teej, you're a really great guitarist. Wow, I'm very impressed. This is full shred in 2010. Come to Germany - a fan base of you is growing up 8)
birnie

Post by birnie »

metatron wrote::D This is the Bomb :!: How cool is this. The future of Shred :!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/teej5150#p/u/5/LNGUxHdnEz8
That was awesome!
I was fully laughing at the "down 2, no that's up!"
How can you explain that logic to a kid holding the guitar like that....GOLD !

....and she's even wearing the Vinnie pink!
Haha :lol:
teej

Post by teej »

The 3rd and only other Jackson from the 80´s .. Belongs to Brian Slosser .. I believe this is from ´87 if memory serves me correctly (notice the pre-amp hole .. he asked for the same as VV but Jackson refused and gave him the next best (his words) ..

Yes .. I am the 5th member of KISS Brazil LOL! Being Scottish has it´s advantages .. no-body else was allowed on stage for pix .. Ã
doublev

Post by doublev »

Ha. I played for some bands as a teenager. Tried out for some pretty big bands in 1989. I was too young however. switched to drums and have been on a coupe of obscure cds.
My dream was to drum for v. That's one that will never happen. Lol
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:Ha. I played for some bands as a teenager. Tried out for some pretty big bands in 1989. I was too young however. switched to drums and have been on a coupe of obscure cds.
My dream was to drum for v. That's one that will never happen. Lol
Fess up. Who'd you try out for?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Lil' Jack Horny

I love the reverse headstock on that Jackson VVV Teej, I never saw any of the other official ones.
teej

Post by teej »

no worries man .. the only others that are authenticated are Drew´s pink silver VVV and mine .. I spent years reaserching this and thats all I came up with .. supposidly a run of 40 was planned but it got trashed .. some part made .. I never got to the truth
doublev

Post by doublev »

I would love to hear teej in a band.

I tried out for Animal (Randy Piper), Road Crew (Davy Vain, Steve Adler), Baton Rouge, Brett Steele (solo), Apocrypha, Laaz Rockit , Flesh and Blood, Lord Tracy and Belladonna. All were for basically the number two guitar player. I only got offered one job and that was for no pay. I didn't take it as I was very young and they were based in Vegas. I really was also not that good. I can not tell you if most of these bands ever recorded actually. Most were early on before demos etc.

Don't forget my dad was in the music industry and got me all the auditions. Long time ago now.
Batman

Post by Batman »

doublev wrote:I would love to hear teej in a band.

I tried out for Animal (Randy Piper), Road Crew (Davy Vain, Steve Adler), Baton Rouge, Brett Steele (solo), Apocrypha, Laaz Rockit , Flesh and Blood, Lord Tracy and Belladonna. All were for basically the number two guitar player. I only got offered one job and that was for no pay. I didn't take it as I was very young and they were based in Vegas. I really was also not that good. I can not tell you if most of these bands ever recorded actually. Most were early on before demos etc.

Don't forget my dad was in the music industry and got me all the auditions. Long time ago now.
Baton Rouge is one of my fav bands from that time!
doublev

Post by doublev »

all i remember was that the singer was wanting to drop playing guitar and hire one or two guitarists. We lived in Louisiana and they had just moved to LA if I was correct. I sucked so bad in that audition. I had a problem back then with drooling while I played and I remember getting the drool all over my neck as I was playing, it must have looked crazy.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:I would love to hear teej in a band.

Very cool. Animal and Lord Tracy have come through town. I have a buddy that was in Belladonna for a bit. The singer for Animal was a dead ringer vocally for Blackie and the version I saw had Chris Holmes with Randy Piper. Animal's drummer gave one of the best performances I have ever seen .I have never seen someone hit so hard and exhaust themself behind a kit like that guy did. They played here about 6 years ago at a small bar for probably less than 100 people.

Poserboy71

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Did lord Tracy ever get a deal? I remember the record they were demoing was black page. I nearly died in the the guitarist car in Dallas going through toll booths without paying. I don't recall animal even having a Singer when I tried out in 89. I think they may have played.the whiskey a few months later. I am surprised they are around still. God I sucked.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, some of you guys have been having fun. No band like that where I'm from.

Cool pics Teej.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Doublev’s a Mover & a Shaker. Luv the two Animals cd’s I have. Got the last one about 4 years ago. And Davy Vain. Man I love Vain. Should have as big as Skid Row in my book. No tears for you. Awesome song.
Hey doublev would you know what happened to Wade Hayes of Roxx Gang. Man he was a pretty awesome shredder. Hear he’s working at a Music store called Paragon, in Tampa Bay. Just disappeared of the face the planet like Harry Cody. Such a shame. So f**ken talented, the both of them.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Teej, cool stuff! I hope you didn't have to help "Pablo" Stanley pull that camel toe out! Eeeeeugh! I have a sick mind!

And DV! Man I've heard of half those bands over here!

I played in a metal band in the 90's but no-one in Cairns wanted to hear metal bands back then! Now there's heaps of them! I did learn 15 Dream Theater songs (what a bitch!) and did a tribute show of which we broke even on, I'm proud to say. And Aussie's will know Christine Anu, I opened for her one night. Never got paid either......the b*tch!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

my auditions were because of my dad. he knew everyone in the music scene in LA/NY and London.
Bret Steele was thinking of a solo career I think. No idea of the Roxx Gang guys. I have no idea if he made a solo album.
I knew Steve Adler as for the month I was in LA with my dad we were at the Rainbow for lunch and he was around (if you could call it that) most days. I only met Adler in that audition and he obviously didn't care for me. My dad managed The Cult for a while (but my mother advised my dad to drop them and he did and that is just before their big hits) and Adler wasn't too impressed with that a fact. I have no idea if Road Crew made a record , Adler owned the name and wanted Davy Vain. I believe he may have been based in Northern Cal.
I had no really idea Animal got a record out. I know they had a buzz about them but even in the peak of the rock scene didn't get a deal (i don't think) but it looks like they stuck with it. I met Piper and didn't like him one bit and he kind of made fun of me. lol

i was very young and shy, my dad did all the talking, i don't think he knew how bad i sucked.
doublev

Post by doublev »

my auditions were because of my dad. he knew everyone in the music scene in LA/NY and London.
Bret Steele was thinking of a solo career I think. No idea of the Roxx Gang guys. I have no idea if he made a solo album.
I knew Steve Adler as for the month I was in LA with my dad we were at the Rainbow for lunch and he was around (if you could call it that) most days. I only met Adler in that audition and he obviously didn't care for me. My dad managed The Cult for a while (but my mother advised my dad to drop them and he did and that is just before their big hits) and Adler wasn't too impressed with that a fact. I have no idea if Road Crew made a record , Adler owned the name and wanted Davy Vain. I believe he may have been based in Northern Cal.
I had no really idea Animal got a record out. I know they had a buzz about them but even in the peak of the rock scene didn't get a deal (i don't think) but it looks like they stuck with it. I met Piper and didn't like him one bit and he kind of made fun of me. lol

i was very young and shy, my dad did all the talking, i don't think he knew how bad i sucked.
teej

Post by teej »

LOL Sheramiac ! They played better than KISS for the most part .. great gig :D
Lil' Jack Horny

[/img]http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... i6sQO4z8xR

Teej, I think I may have found the other Jackson. Do you think this ^^^ could be it?
Lil' Jack Horny

Sorry guys, disregard that last post, I just read that it was custom made in 2004 -____-
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's from the same guy that Teej bought his from. Totally awesome cracked mirror VVV!!!!
teej

Post by teej »

aye .. thats the last one Jackson ever built it seems .. personally I dont like it ... the guitar looks busy enuff without the cracked mirror (which I loved on the ibanez PS model).. took 2 years to build and they said that was the last they will ever make .. and believe me it will not be for sale .. whatever site that is is a scam .. Brett´s wife bought it for him
doublev

Post by doublev »

yes jackson would make a vv guitar in 2002 through 2004. I am not sure if they would have done it before that. I got close to ordering one. black metalflake front and silver flake back.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The VVV was a guitar shape that Jackson at one time were saying they wouldn't make them to to the complexity of the guitar. That was their main reason for years, which was crazy as a Custom Shop should make anything someone wants.

Complexity is why the original King Kelly lost it's cutouts, the pain of sanding/working the cut outs was deemed to much and the shape simplified. They did a few of the originals in a special run a few years ago though. Maybe they are more inclined to pull their finger out?

This was all before the problems with anything Artist related once Fender took over, which really brought the hammer down on the good times.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

I'll second the complexity. There is nothing simple about it.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

So much for craftsmanship when guitar companies are lazy fucks !!

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Poserboy71 -The Huckin' Fillbillys

Post by poserboy71 »

Alright,Here's some fun stuff for you guys. Guess which one I am? Hint : I'm wearing a short hair wig. GO FIGURE !!
The band is called **'The Huckin' Fillbillys'** and we still play in North East Ohio. I stopped gigging regularly a few years back for personal reasons but I pop in every now and again and do a gig or two when I damn well feel like it !! :lol:

-Poserboy71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm too scared to guess Rick!!!
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

some talent on this page ... very cool dino and teej i dig it !!
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

Thought id share some of my stuff ..

some of you went to my myspace page thanks to dino

heres a few things that are from the past and present

saving echo 2008

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=21495983
www.myspace.com/savingecho

decent band we made head way quickly but band members parted ways for other projects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thunderhead .
this a reunion of a band from 1975 produced by johnny winter. doing some follow up shows to an unreleased record johnny and edgar appear on this previously unreleased album. we are also in the process of doing a new record .

myspace.com/therealthunderhead

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terri lane

http://www.myspace.com/terrilanerocks

female blues rock artist
currently workin on a full-length cd

chris slade from ac/dc currently appears on the first batch of the songs

she first officially appeard on ron keels Iron horse record credited doing back ground vocals but shes been a session vocalist ( jeff pitchell and orin bolton). she also appears on Ron Keels anthology record singing a duet with ron on" Take another shot"

interesting side note ron discovered me when i was living in SC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "beehive" queen Christine Ohlman and Rebel montez

http://www.myspace.com/christineohlmanmusic

christine is the vocalist for saturday night live. shes been there for Eons

cool old style rock in roll

i am currently a member of rebel montez i am the second string guitarist i do most of her longer distance shows.

---------------

i also work at horizon music group and do sessions for the studio

last summer i was lucky enough to contribute to Arika kanes new album that charted on billabord charts 4 diferent times.

thanks for listening

cb