Dio's house for sale

Non Vinnie discussion
shramiac

Dio's house for sale

Post by shramiac »

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Re: Dio's house for sale

Post by doublev2 »

My house is for sale? Jeez
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Not you Dino, unless you sang on Rainbow and Black Sabbath and had your own band, called Dio, lol.

Seems cheap to me, whats that neighborhood like?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Looks a quiet town, Cortland, NY. [Vic's dream guitar world! Cort - land!!! groan ;)]
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cort??!! Cort??!! WTF!!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Actually Cort make pretty good stuff! They've made a few of the Ibanez line for years!
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:My house is for sale? Jeez
Wasn't your childhood home in Bedrock?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I know the area well.. kind of in the middle of nowhere. Syracuse isn't a small town but still house prices are pretty low for new York state and its like a 6 hour drive to New York city . I worked in Rochester for a while.
Bye Bye
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Mhm, and in this House lived a rock star????
:|
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i think when he was a kid.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

KissMyAss wrote:
doublev2 wrote:My house is for sale? Jeez
Wasn't your childhood home in Bedrock?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
mfoster

Post by mfoster »

It might sound sappy but I actually really miss Ronnie. I was a huge Dio fan growing up and loved all of his other work as well. Just a class act with one of the best voices ever.
Stand up and be counted
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I was speaking with Vivian Campbell on Tuesday night before they played in Burgettstown, Pa.
One passing question turned into a very nice conversation that lasted 20 minutes.

I asked him about the possibility of him bringing out one of his classic Charvels for the gigs that he will be doing with the original Dio band.He said that is one of the things that he is thinking about but he would like to play his Les Pauls.

I asked him about Gibson making a line of the Les Paul guitar that he played on those Dio albums ---- He said Gibson is very corporate and not great to work with (not artist friendly) although he prefers Les Pauls over any guitar.
As for the Charvels, He still has the one painted like the Holy Diver cover . However the paint job is chipping badly.
He stripped one of the other cool Charvels to the bare wood and likes the sound better. He wondered aloud whether to repaint it . I just recommended that he have Charvel make a few new guitars with the CLASSIC paint jobs and at the very least, play them on the encores.

He said that he would have to eat some crow in regards to comments that he has made about Ronnie but also said Ronnie was equally at fault with his comments .
He said that his time in Dio was awful, horrible, not fun, etc... BUT HE DIDN'T QUIT. He was fired mid-tour. He didn't want it to end.
Even though Ronnie and Viv had their differences, I believe Vivian has an absolute right to play the songs he wrote.

I alluded to the singer (Andrew Freeman ) that will be singing the Dio songs. He said that Andrew doesn't sound like Ronnie a all but he didn't want to have a sound alike and get the backlash from what that would bring. I saw Andrew sing with George Lynch a few years ago---- I wasn't impressed. If I want to see an overweight guy gasp for breath while croaking through the classics, I'll put a mirror in my shower.

We talked about his time in Thin Lizzy, how he doesn't feel comfortable doing guitar clinics (I saw him give one in the late 1980's when he was in a band called the Riverdogs), his Marshall amp and one pedal set up that he used on those Dio albums,Whitesnake,Def Lep,and other tidbits. He was extremely easy to talk to . Eye contact is important to me and he had no problem staring into my dreamy eyes.

Vivian Campbell is a cool guy.
He was very relaxed and thanked ME for talking guitars with him. :shock: :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

He also told me how he got the Dio gig. Ronnie gave him the gig based on the fact that Vivian during an extended jam , Vivian started playing Chuck Berry-type licks while the other people who auditioned (Jake E.Lee) were trying to be extremely flashy. Ronnie also liked the fact that he played a Les Paul and didn't have a Floyd Rose.

Ronnie gave him the evil eye when he walked into rehearsal with a custom Charvel equipped with a Floyd.

:twisted: 8) 8) 8) 8) Who wouldn't want the evil eye from Ronnie? 8) 8) 8) 8) :twisted:
Last edited by poserboy71 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's really cool Rick, I'd love to talk to someone like Vivian like that. Funny how he just loves the Les Paul these days. I wonder if I'll ever be the same and forsake my Charvels. I think and hope not.

It would be coolest if he played Charvels at the Dio gigs, it just seems right.

I saw a video where Dio was signing stuff and got asked about Vivian and then he went OFF!!!!! Quite a lot of hatred still at that time.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

This one I watched over and over and over when I was a kid! Still got it on VHS.

[youtube][/youtube]

My older sis used to say, "what's that? Sounds a bit nasty!" Then I'd say, "that's the guy that sings The Butterfly Ball!"
"Oh yeah it is!" Then she'd watch it for a while! Well until the guitar solo finally got to her! :lol:

Oz guys might remember an ABC show on Tuesday nights called "Rock Arena" (with woeful and seemingly always nervous Suzanne Dowling hosting)? I got it off that show when they had a metal night!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Forgot he passed away.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Rock n roll never dies.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.