Given Up Smoking

Non Vinnie discussion
beano

Given Up Smoking

Post by beano »

Hi Guys

Just to let you know, i've given up cigarettes for the past three weeks, PinkWiz's booze topic inspired me to post this. I definately think that this is the hardest vice i've ever had to give up.

Are there any other habitual smokers / quitters here? It would be cool to get some advice and hear your stories because somedays I really struggle and really want to go back to topping up my cancer.

Rgds

Ben
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
Slayer

Re: Given Up Smoking

Post by Slayer »

Best wishes Ben!
TJMonster

Given Up Smoking

Post by TJMonster »

I quit almost exactly 6 years ago. No slip ups.
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Good luck!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
beano

Post by beano »

TJMonster wrote:I quit almost exactly 6 years ago. No slip ups.
Thats awesome. Was it just cold turkey or did you use any nicotine replacements? The doctor has put me on a nicotine inhaler, that i'm slowly trying to wean myself off of.

Rgds

Ben
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Good luck Ben!
I've canceled smoking for 15 years now!
WOlfi
Vickie

Post by Vickie »

I also stopped smoking 15 years ago and I never touched a cigarette any more.
Please keep it going Ben, you will reduce the risk of cancer and prolong your own life. Not only cancer but every illness you get from smoking isn´t funny!
Every time you think about smoking, buy something nice from the money you´ve saved.
Good luck!
TJMonster

Given Up Smoking

Post by TJMonster »

Ben I used the commit lozenge. Only bought one package. Put one in your mouth and it would make you wanna cough but then you feel like you just smoked a cig for 2 hours. A full tablet the first week, half a one the next. Only taking a 1/4 of one by the next week. Then you just do t want it at all.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Yes good luck man. Somehow smoking is one vice Ive avoided all my life...
beano

Post by beano »

Thanks for the support people....its still going considerably well, discounting stressful incidents like my employer not paying me on time and other crap! I'm hardly wanting to use the inhaler anymore too.

I think im making good progress. I don't even feel like smoking :)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Imagine the cigarette is a...

Sammy and I are up to three packs a day. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

Stick with it, your extending your life with every one you dont smoke, be positive, be in control of your body , you dont need that filthy habit your better than that....

FULL THROTTLE, Newcastle's Finest Rock Band
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:Imagine the cigarette is a... Image

AKA
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Seriously, good luck with that. I'm one of those lucky, luck people who have never had a 'fag' or 'cigarette'.
Thank God I never took it up. Think it would be one of the hardsest things to give up.

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

[quote="metatron"]Seriously, good luck with that. I'm one of those lucky, luck people who have never had a 'fag' or 'cigarette'.
Thank God I never took it up. Think it would be one of the hardsest things to give up.

Me too, never had the urge to light up.

FULL THROTTLE, Newcastle's Finest Rock Band
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

metatron wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:Imagine the cigarette is a... Image

AKA

Dannii, I wanna make a baby in you !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:Dannii, I wanna make a baby in you !!!!
Oh sweet sweet Lord...Help us both. :lol:

Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

I just thought I'd let you guys know that I'm going to practice abstinence from now on, not that I was having any issues earlier. Look, here's the thing, in the event that I have sex, I can't imagine what it would do to me. I feel like after I get laid, I would sell all of my guitars, change my major to liberal studies, never leave Tourian, and probably just kill myself, because at that point, I would have accomplished literally everything that I ever wanted in life. I bring this up because we're on the topic of giving up vices, I would argue that sex is a vice because it's a crime that I'm not having any of it, and you guys remember the story from that big long book about Jesus where the guy gets his hair cut off and loses his power? Well, if all of my best work lyrically, musically, and authorly (whatever word describes writing) while not having sex, then if I were to have sex, the only way to go is down. I read in an ancient epic Indian poem that true actualization comes from not eating meat, drinking, or engaging in sexual activities. It was at this point that I threw the book in the recycle bin, but this'll be one of the excuses I use. That, and I just can't get any. Shecky, you'll be the death of me. Maybe when I graduate in another...three years, I'll finally get some. But at this point, just won't happen. In the immortal words of Terry "Snake" Pliskenn; "I'm too tired, maybe later."
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Hah! You've got heaps to keep your mind and body active at your age! Don't get hung (no pun intended) up on "doing the do"!!!! Play golf if you want to experience REAL frustration!!!

Damned beautiful golf! How I love thee!!!! :)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

If all you want is a cheap fuck, insult them and jack-off in front of them.
If you want a relationship, open the door for them first ,THEN proceed to insult them and jack-off.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Ah yes, 'A little death' or as the French like to call it 'La petite mort' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_petite_mort ; La petite mort, French for "the little death", is an idiom and metaphor for orgasm...More widely, it can refer to the spiritual release that comes with orgasm or to a short period of melancholy or transcendence as a result of the expenditure of the "life force", the feeling whereof is caused by the release of oxytocin in the brain after the occurrence of the orgasm. Literary critic Roland Barthes spoke of la petite mort as the chief objective of reading literature. He metaphorically used the concept to describe the feeling one should get when experiencing any great literature.)
Also in Gnosis teaching, they say 'Each time you ejaculate you die a little.' (http://gnosticteachings.org/courses/alp ... -teth.html ;
Every time that the man and the woman go into the sexual act, the Cherubim with the sword (the passional fire of Lucifer) is there. Remember that the sword is Zayin. That Zayin which turned every way is in the blood. That passional fire, the sexual fire, is in the blood. Yes, in the sexual act, Zayin turns every way, preventing the wicked soul to enter the way of Shechinah. Nevertheless, if you steal the fire from the devil , from the serpent of passion (the seven headed beast), Zayin, then you enter again into life.)

In saying all that, Rick & I must be like the walking dead. :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:
metatron

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote:Damned beautiful golf! How I love thee!!!! :)
[youtube] [/youtube]
TJMonster

Given Up Smoking

Post by TJMonster »

GOLF! it's what I started when I quit smoking. Ofcourse I had to paint my clubs. Lol
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332182494.220553.jpg