New Maiden!

Non Vinnie discussion
shramiac

New Maiden!

Post by shramiac »

Anyone looking forward to the new Maiden album? I wasn't a big fan of the last one (but have been a long time fan) so I'm hoping the new one is better. The first single doesn't sound too bad though and has a pretty good film clip to go with it.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Not too much interest from me.

I like them ok but after Seventh Son lost some interest. I loved their last greatest hits tour, that was awesome.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

I've heard the new album. Not bad and not really good. Some 80's stuff...
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

The new one? The Final Frontier?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

Cool SCI FI clip. Song was good too.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Maybe Maiden go the idea for an alien Eddie from;

:D
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

:lol: :lol: :twisted:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Maybe it takes a while to adjust to the new stuff but Maiden is definitely at the top of their game regarding their performances. Bruce is seriously at his best vocally nowadays.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
birnie

Post by birnie »

never been a huge fan or owned an album.
But played some of their songs on guitar here n there.

Funny you brought this up though, cause for some reason i was watching youtube clips of them live (just a week ago) and Bruce really is kick-ass!
And if you check his wiki page, a very interesting fellow whether you like the band or not.
I then went on to watch clips of him flying jet airliners.
Go Bruce!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

The main reason I got into Maiden was back in 84' (eh, what's that sonny? I'm old you know) and I've an older bro who had NOB, Piece, and P/slave, so I'd listened to them for a couple of years. Anyway, in 84' I was trying to find that backwards speech by Nicko having a dig at the over zealous religious groups and I was trolling through all my bro's tapes to find it! And once I did, I listened to the album (Piece Of Mind) and fell in love with the songs straight away. I was drumming at the time and was amazed by Where Eagles Dare and Bruce's singing! He's still amazing today at 52, then again Ronnie Dio was still amazing in his 60's!
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

I saw Maiden on Somewhere Back In Time and wasn't impressed. There's not enough shreddery to satisfy my needs.
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Lil' Jack Horny wrote:I saw Maiden on Somewhere Back In Time and wasn't impressed. There's not enough shreddery to satisfy my needs.
And they have three lead guitarists!! Though they should lose Janick.

Maiden aren't about shred, it's melodic leads and twin solos.

It would be like seeing Vinnie with Kiss on the LIU tour, not shitloads of shredding but tasty none the less.

Wish I could have seen that. They need to do a LIU reunion tour!!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Lil' Jack Horny wrote:I saw Maiden on Somewhere Back In Time and wasn't impressed. There's not enough shreddery to satisfy my needs.
I can understand that BUT that's the tour I would have wanted to see! Somewhere in Time is my favourite Maiden album! I love the sound on that one. And Bruce is simply awesome on it.....even though it's his least favourite Maiden album!? And they had a certain band opening for them too. :P Bruce didn't have any of his songs on it either. He said he was writing songs that needed pan flutes and were about gnomes.....or something along those lines?

And although he's a wild man and entertaining, if Yannick left I wouldn't miss him either GB. I don't like it when he plays Adrian's solos! I will admit that Dave has gotten pretty stale as a soloist in the last 4 albums. Adrian only got better, not a shredder but pretty tasty.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

some where in time is killer, production was amazing songs were killer cant get better than that. powerslave also killed! back to back albums that kick major ass.. :-)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

One Janick fan here. REALLY !!! Gee, I wonder why ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yeah I know we're cruel towards Yanick! He's got great stage presence and writes good songs in the Maiden mold and actually could be a much better guitar player if he put his mind to it. He's got a little bit of shred in him. And he's probably the most approachable band member too judging from off-stage footage, even more so than Nicko (whom I was lucky enough to meet in Sydney back in 92',no photo though,damn) but he just plays so sloppily live too much. The rubbing the strings with his hand and doing the little hocus-pocus movement with his right hand when he's doing bends I just find annoying! But I will admit I love his solo in Weekend Warrior off 7th Son. Sweeps in a Maiden song!!!!!!
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

janick needs to stop dancing and play! he can play man ... fear of the dark is a great cd janick rocked on that.... i dont midn him at all . adrian is the man though .... no doubt .
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I can't believe I said 7th Son! I mean Fear of the Dark! Double D'Oh!!!!!!!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I don't like Janick's stage presence at all!!.....all that poncing about makes me ill to watch. If Maiden was my band I would not let him get away with that.

I'd be all like, "Stand and play guitar like a MAN motherfucker!!".....
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

lMO agreed brother ! :-)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It's what I call the "WTF" factor. People are watching the band going "WHAT THE FUCK is that guy doing?" Rock performance doesn't need to make sense--- flames, explosions , cool pointy guitars,costumes,dancing, mascots, spitting blood, breathing fire,smashing guitars, ETC,--- Consider Janick the guy at the concert that has had too many drinks and dances (in his own way ) to the music.I love the saying "DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING, SING LIKE YOU KNOW THE WORDS"__ Maiden has a drummer that hides behind huge toms, 3 members that for the most part stand stationary, and two PRANCING POSERS that can also deliver the goods. THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT !!! ENJOY!!! :D

-Poserboy71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Besides , look how many people talk about Janick compared to the rest of the band."Hey, Did you see how Iron Maiden's guitarist dances around like a fool?" Some people will buy the DVD, Concert ticket for curiosity alone. Curiosity leads to publicity. Just spell the band's name correctly. :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No sorry, I still want him out!
ankh

Post by ankh »

i was a fan until 1988, seen them in Donington park( second time, i've sen them four times).After this i did lose interest thanks to lackluster releases.

here you'll find lots on info, tibidits and trivia for each album, just click on each cd image:

http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/?li ... s&lang=eng

here:
http://derek.server311.com/

you'll find the original illustrations with comment from derek riggs himself, sometimes they are amusing other times they are a bit..unexpected.

Hope you enjoy this ;)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Picked it up yesterday. Haven't finished listening to it all yet. Some not bad stuff on there, 1st song is very different for Maiden. Adrian is the stand out so far....again! Bruce is Bruce as per usual. Some sloppy drumming in El Dorado though?