yngwie threatening passenger on plane

Non Vinnie discussion
doublev2

yngwie threatening passenger on plane

Post by doublev2 »

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/7 ... eng-331977
shit Yngwie makes Vinnie seem like Gandhi.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Re: yngwie threatening passenger on plane

Post by shramiac »

He's not a happy camper is he!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Unleash the Fury ! hahaha!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The keyboard player was running naked through the plane . Yngwie is like vinnie but more agressive but he can get his shit together to put out music.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

:lol: I love this story. I also love how Yngwie actually called one of his albums 'Unleash The Fury' after this incident. That is by the way a really awesome album. I could go all crazy about Yngwie, I am a huge Yngwie fan! :D He is really cool because he has that really big rockstar image. He wears all of that jewelry and dresses in the ruffled shirts like the old musical virtuosos in the classical times. Yngwie is great. But the only thing about him is that his music can sometimes get a little robotic, and the soul sometimes gets lost.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

gonnarock wrote::lol: I love this story. I also love how Yngwie actually called one of his albums 'Unleash The Fury' after this incident. That is by the way a really awesome album. I could go all crazy about Yngwie, I am a huge Yngwie fan! :D He is really cool because he has that really big rockstar image. He wears all of that jewelry and dresses in the ruffled shirts like the old musical virtuosos in the classical times. Yngwie is great. But the only thing about him is that his music can sometimes get a little robotic, and the soul sometimes gets lost.

Very well written! I'm a huge fan of Yngwie and he is without a doubt one of the most techniquely advanced guitarists who was ever born. I like his albums but it can be argued that he has essentially done the same album over and over since the mid 1980's. I'm usually very satisfied with listening to a couple of his songs back to back but to listen to a whole Yngwie or even a Vai Album from beginning to end would draw blood from my ears. They are both capable of writing a great song but usually not capable of writing a whole album of great songs even though the guitar playing is world class on the entire recording.

Unlike Vinnie, Yngwie is a big dude and could kick some ones ass. Vinnie couldn't beat anyone up but a drunk Diane and I want to puke at the thought of any man hitting a woman.
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Slayer wrote: but to listen to a whole Yngwie or even a Vai Album from beginning to end would draw blood from my ears. They are both capable of writing a great song but usually not capable of writing a whole album of great songs even though the guitar playing is world class on the entire recording.

Unlike Vinnie, Yngwie is a big dude and could kick some ones ass. Vinnie couldn't beat anyone up but a drunk Diane and I want to puke at the thought of any man hitting a woman.
Haha, that is the same for me! I couldn't listen to their guitar playing all of the time. But I do listen fairly often. Usually its little parts of things and sampling. Yngwie likes a lot of reverb too, which I think is okay in moderation but too much and it sounds to me like it muddies the sound. But it gives him that violin flavor.

I do to. I do not like that at all. :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I like Vai and Malmsteen best when they were in Alcatrazz. You know , the band that Vinnie was in before Kiss.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

poserboy71 wrote:I like Vai and Malmsteen best when they were in Alcatrazz. You know , the band that Vinnie was in before Kiss.
Alcatrazz, that is a band that I don't know about. I know about Yngwie's association, but I didn't know that Steve Vai and Vinnie both were in it.
Here's another question, Jeff Scott Soto, he worked with Yngwie too didn't he?
He must have been the guy to call when a shred guitarist needed a singer! :lol:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:I like Vai and Malmsteen best when they were in Alcatrazz. You know , the band that Vinnie was in before Kiss.
I agree that some of those dudes best recorded material has been when they were confined to playing a song in a band. Vai for one lacks some musical discipline and dwells too long outside in never neverland from a scale perspective. I like some of it a lot but some of it just unlistenable and weird. Ie. Flexible leftovers

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Soto and edman worked with vinnie and Yngwie as well as hirsch and Gary . A picture exist of vv behind the scenes of an Alcatraz video hanging with Steve Vai I believe in 84.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

doublev2 wrote:Soto and edman worked with vinnie and Yngwie as well as hirsch and Gary . A picture exist of vv behind the scenes of an Alcatraz video hanging with Steve Vai I believe in 84.
Very cool!!! I'd love to see that picture. I had thought that Edman had worked with Yngwie because when I saw his name on that 'My Love Goes With You' demo of Vinnie's it looked so familiar. That's really interesting that Yngwie and Vinnie used a lot of the same singers.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

it was on the dv board before vv deleted all our pictures we put up.
Bye Bye
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

I never knew vinnie had anything to do with Alcatraz. Please give more deets.

I myself must admit that yngwie is my biggest influence. I probably haven't listened to anything but him for the past 8 months as his playing has obsessed me. never thought I would be able to play some of the stuff of his I can nowadays but I guess when you're practicing nothing but his harmonic minor runs 2 hours every single day you're bound to get something out of it. Also , I know alot of people say he hasn't grown much (musically - haha) but the 2 studio albums with mike vescara all the way through his latest stuff have some really great heavy rock on them that I love. Drove up to Chicago to see him a couple months ago at the house of blues and let me tell you - he unleashed some fucking fury on my ass!! I had high hopes of running into him at one of the killer guitar shops around Chicago so I took all 3 of my fender malmsteens just in case so he could sign them but I had no luck.
Also I thought it was too funny when the owner of Sharpie markers recently introduced a malmsteen sharpie in his honor! Another fun fact is he's got a decent Ferrari collection - there's actually a "spotting malmsteen" type Facebook page where people show pics of him when they spot him in Miami.
One pic shows him in street clothes and a ball cap which is so funny not seeing him donning the usual Leather pants and pirate shirt.
metatron

Post by metatron »

I met Goran Edman, Australia 1990, Eclipse Tour. Very nice guy.
Malmsteen was being a dick, getting girls to parade in front of him.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Met Soto. Told me Vinnie was a 'strange cat' & that he always wanted him to sing in a high pitch.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

One of my favourite Vai song. A shame Bozzio wasn't in it for too long after the recording. Vai lost the plot & micro managed Terry & T. M. Stevens out of the 'band'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_%26_Re ... d_conflict
[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

mp5999 wrote: Also I thought it was too funny when the owner of Sharpie markers recently introduced a malmsteen sharpie in his honor! Another fun fact is he's got a decent Ferrari collection
http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/12/14/yn ... n-sharpie/
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Mp .. warrior vinnies band before kiss were renamed alcatrazz after vv left. He was just hanging out while they wrte making a video in 84 with Vai. It must have been just after he left kiss.
Bye Bye
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

Ok , when I think of warrior I remember the song "fighting for the earth" - was this before or after VInnie ? And you say they changed their name to alcatrazz but I know warrior still exist as I hear the song "prey" occasionally on the radio and it can't be but a few years old. And when I think of Alcatraz I think of the 2 albums with malmsteen (1 live and 1 studio) - was this era before or after Vinnie ?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Different Warrior. That had Perry McCarthy on vocals who went on to sing on Steve Steven's awesome Atomic Playboys album. Though Steve didn't like him and wished he had someone else, I thought he was great. Couldn't stand his singing on that Warrior song though!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah both warriors were good. Perry was a great front man
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

metatron wrote:
mp5999 wrote: Also I thought it was too funny when the owner of Sharpie markers recently introduced a malmsteen sharpie in his honor! Another fun fact is he's got a decent Ferrari collection
http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/12/14/yn ... n-sharpie/
I have a Cheap Trick Sharpie marker. 8) 8) 8) 8)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I dug Yngwie with Goran as his vocalist. I liked Mark Boals with Yngwie alot also. "Eclipse" was a good album but I think for my tastes that I like "Fire and Ice" even more. Great songs on these albums. MP, please forgive me but I think that I prefer Mike Vescara with Loudness over Rising Force. I have seen Yngwie live many times over nearly 30 years.

Kev
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i saw him twice in 88 i think or 89. Lita Ford opened one time i remember. Turner was the singer. I didnt think the shows were as good as they could be. the second one seemed like turner and malmsteen were fighting a lot.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev2 wrote:i saw him twice in 88 i think or 89. Lita Ford opened one time i remember. Turner was the singer. I didnt think the shows were as good as they could be. the second one seemed like turner and malmsteen were fighting a lot.
He has a long history of running through vocalists dating back to Ron Keel. It can't just be that he is looking for a different sound for every other album. No he definitely has trouble getting along with band mates.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

wow, he almost seems worse than vv but he somehow gets his shit together unlike vv.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

turner introduced his guitar solo and said i'll see you in two hours sarcastically. hahah
Bye Bye
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

I prefer vescara in loudness as well , but I think there were some great songs on the albums he sang on. Yes yngwie goes thru singers like vinnie goes thru mood swings . But he's always the 1st to admit that it's his band, and that things will be done 100% his way - or the highway. I've always felt his biggest downfall is that he doesn't let others write vocals , and man he comes up with some damn corny shit over the years for lyrics. I always wandered if that's why he's still such a god in Japan even after all these years - because they probably don't have a clue to what the hell they're singing about!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

mp5999 wrote:I prefer vescara in loudness as well , but I think there were some great songs on the albums he sang on. Yes yngwie goes thru singers like vinnie goes thru mood swings . But he's always the 1st to admit that it's his band, and that things will be done 100% his way - or the highway. I've always felt his biggest downfall is that he doesn't let others write vocals , and man he comes up with some damn corny shit over the years for lyrics. I always wandered if that's why he's still such a god in Japan even after all these years - because they probably don't have a clue to what the hell they're singing about!
Luv this post :-)
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:wow, he almost seems worse than vv but he somehow gets his shit together unlike vv.
The difference is Yngwie acts like an arsehole Rockstar & Vinnie acts like an escaped lunatic arsehole. People expect the nothing exceeds like excess attitude that Yngwie plays out. It probably works in his favour. A marketing tool. The guys releases albums & is still at the top of his game in his field. Vinnie on the other hand does nothing but make empty promises & destroy his history, his fan base & his own brand. I suppose VV is at the top of his game in his own one maned field. Yer, keep up the great work VV. Your doing a bang up job there champ. More power to you. :shock:
EricFoxx

Post by EricFoxx »

This one is a classic!

In a new documentary-film about Swedish Heavy Metal, Anders Johansson (Yngwie's drummer at that time, playing with Hammerfall today) tells us the whole story about that flight incident:

The band was on their way to Tokyo on a 13-hour commercial flight, and to pass time they were basicly drinking and partying like a bunch of animals! The other passengers was obviously quite disturbed by their behaviour, particularly one woman who repeatingly tried to tell them to calm down and shut up!
For some reason, Jens Johansson (Yngwie's keyboardplayer at that time, Anders brother, playing with Stratovarius today) was carrying an unused womens sanitary towel in his bag. He dipped it into his Bloody Mary drink and threw it onto the woman's food plate. She said nothing, went out of her seat, grabbed a large pitcher of ice-water, went over to the band and just poored it all right over Yngwie, Jens and Joe Lynn Turner.
Anders was at the toilet during this, and when he got back he found Jens completely naked in his seat and Yngwie was fucking furius, almost ready to kill the woman!
It all developed into a fullgrown fist-fight between the band and several passengers, and after a while the pilot himself came down to put an end to it. He grabbed Anders pretty hard from behind, who by a reflex responded by throwing his elbow into the pilot's stomach. Exhausted, the pilot went down on his knees as he was trying to catch his breath, while Anders started to realize that he would probably end up in jail for this.
The commotion went on for another 30 minutes or so, and it was about now Anders decided to pick up his tape-recorder... and yeah, we all know the rest of it.
Yngwie rage went on and he kept repeating "I'm gonna kill that bitch, that bitch has got to die!"
Jens and Anders on the other hand convinced Yngwie that it would be a better idea to get back on her by pissing on her instead. In that case the score would be 1-1 between them, but with a slight bonus to him!

Yngwie picked up on the idea, took his dick out, pissed in a cup, went over to her and threw his viking-alcohol-stinking-pee right into her face...

Yngwie's own comment on the occasion in the documentary-film:
"Yeah, that was a sick event! Really sick. But you know what's sicker? The man who recorded it! THAT'S SICK!!!" :D
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

EricFoxx wrote:T

Yngwie picked up on the idea, took his dick out, pissed in a cup, went over to her and threw his viking-alcohol-stinking-pee right into her face...
:D
Classy thing to do!!! Lucky it was a woman because I'm sure if it was a guy he would have beaten the crappola out of Yngwie!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I kind of hope this was just a made up story but it seems real.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

what a bunch of tossers :roll: :roll:

playng an instruments, no matter who you are, doesn't give you the right to behave in such a petty and pathetic way.
Even if the story was made up, even to consider making up such a story already it says a lot about the human qualities of the people involved. :roll:
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I agree! It's bad enough when someone drops their guts on a plane next to you, let alone this!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

its not made up. thats whats even more shocking. I have no respect for Yngwie now.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

it doesn't add up with his imagine and music. He is sort of a mythical sword and stone type not a sex pistols or sleeze rock band.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

[youtube][/youtube]
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Perpetual Flame.. isn't that a little close to Perpetual Burn by Jason Becker?
Bye Bye