Alcohol lover but not quite an Alcoholic...

Non Vinnie discussion
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Does anybody else here have a problem with drinking too much? I for one am at the end of my rope with liquor... it never fails, the stupidest shit I've ever done I've done being drunk. I can go days without drinking but once the liquor starts flowing I turn into a complete, violent, thinking-outta-my-ass douchebag. I've never hit my wife, but I can understand how Vinnie got himself into that situation back in May (if Diane was drunk, then he probably was too). The only fights my wife and I get into are when we've both been drinking... and stuff usually ends up getting smashed. Other than that we're fine. Kinda weird knowing what drinking liquor will lead to, but once I get out around people the alcohol starts flowing (keep in mind I'm a musician for a living, so that's not a good thing).

Anyway, had to get that off my chest. For 2012 (and the fact that I will be 40 in March) I'm vowing not to touch liquor of any kind... I'm sick of that crushing regret the next morning and using it as a crutch.
birnie

Re: Alcohol lover but not quite an Alcoholic...

Post by birnie »

I went out and got shit faced all the time during the 20's and most of early 30's and didn't consider myself an alcoholic.
Now with kids, going out just plain isn't an option.
No parents around on either side or brothers sisters.
Neighbours aren't trustworthy....
So we pretty much stay home.
I still drink nearly every day, about 2 beers and a glass of wine.
....but moneywise, i'd like to kick that too......with money being the only reason.

Next door though!
Fuck me he's an alcoholic and doesn't think so!
Shit a brick man, have a look at yourself.
Stinks at 9:30am some days to the point where my (nearly) 2 yr old turns her head to avoid the smell!
Has hidey holes of stashed liquor from the wife.
He'll be dead in 10yrs i reckon (he's 50)
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I guess I should say I am an alcoholic because I have a problem with drinking too much... even if it isn't everyday. I can't see not having the occassional beer just because I love the taste, but liquor has gotta go. You'd think fighting in public and jail would sober me up, but so far it hasn't. And yes Birnie, money is a big reason I'd like to stop too. Spent close to $100 at one bar last night with nothin to show for it but a really bad hangover and regret.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'm a virgin drunk!!!! Never liked the taste of it at all! Had 3 beers in my entire life! Can see the trouble it brings to so many people. Moderation!!!!

Now then........time for me to start that diet in 2012!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good to hear you are aware of what's going on PW and are looking to address it.

I don't have a problem with alcohol, but I'm not quite as tee totaling as Andrew. :D

I guess I'm lucky. I don't mind a beer but can go 6 months or more without having any kind of alcoholic drink.

Just today I was out in the yard and my brother and a friend of the wife's popped over for a quick bbq lunch. The other guys had some of my beer stash, which I haven't touched in ages and needs to get drunk, and I had a coke (zero)!

My brother does like to drink, and my cousin, holy smokes, he LOVES to drink. Going out with him is an eye opener. He would make Motley Crue look like nuns! He couldn't believe I left some of my dinner beer behind, so he finished it for me. I do that sometimes, not finish a beer. Crazy huh?

The table at my wedding with those two and some others was a VERY hard drinking table. They made good use of the open bar. Made up for anyone else that didn't drink much and then some.

I also have a good friend who is pretty much an alcoholic. He functions but hasn't had a job in about 15 years, though he has started doing that again recently. He gets looked after so he gets by. This year I hope he can slow it down.

Some people seem to have the taste for it and some not so much.

I don't drink whiskey or scotch or any of those kinds of stuff, just a beer or two is good. My fave tasting beer happens to be a light beer we have here. Some of the premium ones just don't go down smooth.

That's my story anyhow.

Good luck with it PW!
Commander in chief - VVF Army

Post by 1031 »

I've been sober for eight years... sent ya a PM
It wasn't the alcohol I wanted to give up.. it was the consequences.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Thanks for putting this up. I lived with alcholic parents and what a nightmare it was. You are doing well to come out with this. I only drink very little , like twice a year, mainly because i remember how my folks were and one time i got drink as a teen I got real mean . I don't know what to say to you that you don't know but i think its way cool you brought this up.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Kudos to you . The first step towards a solution is acknowledging the problem. GOD Bless.

Very proud of you.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Now if only Vinnie would acknowledge something we could all move forward.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Thanx guys for the feedback... yes the consequences are what make you think. I've been lucky too many times to count but one day it's gonna bite me in the ass (can't believe sometimes that the wife is still around). Too bad I'm not a happy drunk when it comes to liquor... actually I get violent beyond any common sense. Actually played a full acoustic gig tonight with just two beers... no liquor, and everything went great. It feels good to be able to remember what songs you just got through playing...
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Deleted by Brooklyn

**Stick to your guns PW, you'll be alright :wink:
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
metatron

Post by metatron »

PinkWiz. It's strange this coming up now. I saw 1031 had a similar situation too. I just spoke to a friend on Christmas day that I haven't seen for something like twenty years. He was one of the lead guitarists in the Sydney based Glam band, the Candy Harlots. We hadn't spoke for all those years basically due to his addictions. Totally destroyed his life & the lives of the people around him. He was 16 when he joined the Harlots, so you can image the influence that Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll would have had on a person who isn't even adult yet. And then he hanging around with guys who a seasoned professional in art of self abuse. Instead of being roll models on what to avoid, they are like mentors in how to end up with a good lookin corpse. He's still into music & in a band, but is finding it hard cause the people that he has around him enjoy the causal drink or 20. I expressed by opinion that he should keep away from all of it. It's not the music that is evil, it all the other shit, all the other baggage that is messed up & in turned messes one up. He spent two year in drug & alcohol Rehabilitation, got Endocarditis & had to get a new liver. Totally messed up story. He spent about two hour filling me in on the last 20 years. I really feel sorry him, cause he is one guy who did have a lot of talent, but took the low road. There was one stage of our conversation that was pretty funny, when I was saying to him stay away from the 'sexless marriage' (being a member of a band) & he said to me, 'this is why I like music' & he ripped into this massive whammy damage guitar solo. [youtube][/youtube] Was pretty cool. I'll keep in touch with him as he is a good guy who got mixed up in a bad situation. We are all getting older & I've had few friends past away last year. All involved in the music scene. All ran with the devil.

[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Wow Metatron, just saw your post above! Sexless marriage is the perfect term. Yes it is hard being in a band and avoiding the hard liquor... it has always gone hand in hand for me. This Wednesday it will be three weeks since I've had even a drop of liquor and hopefully I can continue down that road (so far I can't even stomach going backwards and this is even after I've been offered shot after shot from people at our gigs). Thank you guys for your support... I still like my beer so I'm not a total saint but then again I've never fought with my wife, had a knock down drag out with my twin brother in public, got in bar fights with total strangers or kicked the window out of a cop car while drinking beer... but liquor makes ya ten feet tall... until the next morning. :?

Post by 1031 »

Its funny now, to think that musicians practice there ass off day and night to play great and then on there chance to show the fruit's of there labor do the thing that wipes all that work off the table. " this includes me in the past"

Post by 1031 »

for anyone interested http://www.sobermusicians.com they have a lot of resource info, the forum is kinda slow.
sobermusiciansmolly@gmail.com is the email to join the forum just drop her a line, they removed the registration button because of a lot of spam. This site is run by recovering alcoholic's its not a corporate site just another person trying to give back with some service work.

Hope I didnt go out of bounds posting another forum board.. just thought it may help someone.

Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

My ex wife became an alcholic in later part of our relastionship, she became a "working" alcholic and continued to do the regular day job but get plastered on wine every night and in the end bacame a living nightmare to be around and as funny as it sounds she in fact ran me down in her car as i tried to stop her drink driving ( broken a few bones etc but i was ok ).....the booze can be fun at the time but for some it can be as dangerous as any other illegal drugs out there.
My days of getting shit faced are LONG GONE, fun can be had without it :-)

FULL THROTTLE, Newcastle's Finest Rock Band
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PW, If you need support I am here. WE are here.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

I've been there PW. I never got into a physical fight with any girlfriends, but all the dumb shit I ever did was through booze. I've thought about quitting myself, but part of me feels I still love it.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Thanx guys for all the support... I'm still hanging in there so far. :)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You've got a pink guitar and a Vinnie shirt!!! Looks like you'll do ok to me!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

shramiac wrote:You've got a pink guitar and a Vinnie shirt!!! Looks like you'll do ok to me!

:twisted: 8)
metatron

Post by metatron »

PinkWiz wrote:
shramiac wrote:You've got a pink guitar and a Vinnie shirt!!! Looks like you'll do ok to me!

:twisted: 8)
Yer man, that a cool pic. :D
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I was gonna request that PW puts a pic of that beauty in the OUR GEAR section. It looks unique.

NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

It's an old Aria Pro I bought off a friend about 15 years ago... threw some Dimarzio Tone Zones in it and my brother wrapped some fishnet around it and sprayed it pink for a snakeskin look. I break it out onstage every once and awhile. My main guitar is a Roland G-707 (with pink pentagrams)... I used to have the synth module with it but damn that thing was huge!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Roland G-707 is as cool as fuck. One day I'm going get me one of those.
Aria Pro's were killer guitars in their day. Never understood how they weren't more popular
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I actually have two 707's... both were originally that champagne color like the above picture. The other's getting an all chrome paintjob (even the stabilizer bar). This pic is from a Halloween gig and my brother's holding his Cort Axe.

And to keep this an alcohol-related post, my brother painted my 707 last year and he was prolly drinking... so... :P

metatron

Post by metatron »

Wow man. You fuckers are cool. Love the fluoro additives to your axes. Looks awesome. What kind of tremolo is on the 707 & does it stay in tune well. Must if it's your main axe.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Photo taken by Wolfi
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

metatron wrote:Image
Photo taken by Wolfi

Shit! Just fell off the wagon... thanx alot! :P :wink:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

metatron wrote: Photo taken by Wolfi

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

metatron wrote:Image
Photo taken by Wolfi

I'll take the tall one in the center! :-)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'll suck your dick when you're done so I can taste her. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

metatron wrote:Wow man. You fuckers are cool. Love the fluoro additives to your axes. Looks awesome. What kind of tremolo is on the 707 & does it stay in tune well. Must if it's your main axe.

sorry man, just saw this... yes it stays in tune the best outta any of my axes. that stabilizer bar is just more than for looks as I've discovered. and yes, fluoro rocks... the asylum era was a huge influence! :mrgreen:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:I'll suck your dick when you're done so I can taste her. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Doooooooooohhhhhhh :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

And to think that I was going to follow the statement that "I'll take the one in the center" with "She can use my dick as a straw" and I editted it so that Vic wouldn't have to explain to his cute little girl that her weird Uncle Kevin from far away California is a real piggy.

You win but for the occassion I'll drop the bomb inside her starfish so that you can enjoy a "Dirty Sanchez" while truly finding out what she is like inside! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I'm gonna puke :? :lol:
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Post by 1031 »

8 years sober today.... grateful, hopeful, open, honest and free.

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PURE FUCKING POWER !!!! Congratulations and keep it going.
1031 wrote:8 years sober today.... grateful, hopeful, open, honest and free.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well done!!

Imagine if one day Vinnie could say to us "8 years sane today...grateful, open, honest and free".
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Congrats man, really! I fell off the wagon Valentine's night (too much wine lead to some tequila shots) :oops: but so far I'm trying to hang in there.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Congratulations 1031 :D :D :D

PinkWiz wrote:I fell off the wagon Valentine's night (too much wine lead to some tequila shots) :oops: but so far I'm trying to hang in there.

& You PinkWiz...for being naughty :D You sing this song. :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

I use to drink like a fish at shows. I rarely drink anymore. Not for any reason but I don't like the few days after.
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!