Names used on this board

Non Vinnie discussion
poserboy71

Names used on this board

Post by poserboy71 »

Some are obvious but others aren't . How did you come by the name you are using on this board?

For instance, Poserboy is a name my friend gave me twenty some odd years ago because when I'm on stage ,I pose and enjoy dressing UNIQUELY . Also my hair has been long, curly, and big, since 1989. A leopard doesn't shed his spots !! :D
1971 is my birth year.

POSERBOY71
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's Gene, baby.... 8)
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Mine is where a couple of my guitars (and Bill and Ted) were made.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Wolfgang is my real name. 16.12.72 is my birth date
:roll:
birnie

Post by birnie »

Burney is a nick name which is base on my last name.
Slight twist on the spelling makes it easier to sign up to forums.
No one uses it ;)
It was supposed to be the same as Weekend At Bernie's but i got it wrong and stuck with it :p
Explains the avatar too
teej

Post by teej »

Pronounced TeeJay .. my initials .. TJ .. was a nickname I was given some yrs ago .. I much prefered it to dick-head :P
Batman

Post by Batman »

Batman first appeared in Detective Comics #27 in May 1939, and since then has appeared in many of DC Comics’ publications. Originally referred to as "the Bat-Man" and still referred to at times as "the Batman", he is additionally known as "the Caped Crusader", "the Dark Knight" and "the World's Greatest Detective".
In the original version of the story and the vast majority of subsequent retellings, Batman's secret identity is Bruce Wayne, an American playboy, industrialist, and philanthropist. Having witnessed the murder of his parents as a child, he swore revenge on crime, an oath tempered with the greater ideal of justice. Wayne trains himself both physically and intellectually and dons a bat-themed costume in order to fight crime.[2] Batman operates in the fictional American Gotham City.

Source: Wikipedia
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Batman wrote:Batman first appeared in Detective Comics #27 in May 1939, and since then has appeared in many of DC Comics’ publications. Originally referred to as "the Bat-Man" and still referred to at times as "the Batman", he is additionally known as "the Caped Crusader", "the Dark Knight" and "the World's Greatest Detective".
In the original version of the story and the vast majority of subsequent retellings, Batman's secret identity is Bruce Wayne, an American playboy, industrialist, and philanthropist. Having witnessed the murder of his parents as a child, he swore revenge on crime, an oath tempered with the greater ideal of justice. Wayne trains himself both physically and intellectually and dons a bat-themed costume in order to fight crime.[2] Batman operates in the fictional American Gotham City.

:D :D :D :D
Source: Wikipedia
ankh

Post by ankh »

mine is based on the old egyptian symbol and what it stands for
metatron

Post by metatron »

On the doublev site I was either jetblack or jettablack. But then on 19th Nov 2006 I got pretty sick & was put into hospital for 3 months. From thinking I had the flu to dying a couple of times. (total organ shutdown). Had the priest give my last rights.(totally lost with him, must have call him every name under the sun) Got tied down to the bed as I was trying rip out all the life support plumbing. A lot of real f**k up sh!t happened, too much to write about. During the time in hospital I experience some paranormal events, like for a week, the walls of the room of the hospital would change colour every couple of hours. They would morph from a pink to purple, to blue. Then I'd see like dead sea scrolls on the ceiling & they where underwater (so, I staring up & it's like I'm floating above a pool of water & there are scrolls at the bottom of this water, and I can't read the scroll cause they keep morphing into different characters & then it would start raining(upside down) towards the bottom of the pool of water(the ceiling). I know a lot of it was due to the meds, but it really open my mind up to the possibilities alternative realities. Coming from a Sound Engineering background, I have always believed that there are more than our five senses to provide inputs for our perception. Knowing that everything is based on frequencies. And that these vibrations alter your state of being. Just like if you listen to death metal & that's all u listen to, it doing to change your personality.Just like when you put Stryper on, U can't help but feel cheery. If the message is real or not is another issue, but the music makes you feel happy.That the short explanation why I picked the name 'Metatron'

Residing in 7th Heaven, Archangel Metatron, “ The Angel of the Presence,â€
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Holy crap dude, that's quite a tale.

Metatron sounds like quite a vision to behold indeed, with all those wings and eyes, but the name certainly works.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I thought Metatron looked a lot like Alan Rickman! Ha ha. Ahhhh Dogma, a fantastic film.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, he appears to have been glammed down, with a regular set of eyes in that pic. I'm guessing anybody who has seen his true form has gone mad from the sight......lol...
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

metatron wrote:...But then on 19th Nov 2006 I got pretty sick...
Damn Bro,

Sorry to see that a bad memory for you is my birthday.

Rick -- PB71--

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Na, man, their not bad, it just something that happened & life goes on. And when I'm feeling down about it, I just think that there are a lot more people out there that are in a lot worse situations than me. Everyone has their cross to bare. Most people think that the other guys doing good, but unless you walk in their shoes you never know. The other thing I realized was there is a funny side to pretty much everything. Even when I was doped up on the bed & the I was surrounded by doctors ramming central lines into my neck & the blood was squirting across the room. The thing is you find that there are a lot of good people out their. It just seems that the bad ones stand out so much that they overshadow the good. When I got out of hospital my good friend actually tried to get hold of VV to call me for cheer up....nothing. But the ultra cool thing was Kim Hooker & Jay Pepper from Tigertailz rang me at home. Spoke to them for about an hour. Very nice guys. I told Kim when I was lying on the dead & the Doctors where putting the central lines into my neck, I was sing their sang, 'Make me bleed'. Said he'd never think of the song in the same light. They rang even though they were having their own dramas. Their bass player Pepsi Tate was dying from pancreatic cancer.
I know VV had tragedy in his life, but man, you just gotta get back on that horse. 'Never say die...Iron Eagles...Luv my King Kobra'

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I just lost my Mum last week and I know that he got in the way of her getting to God to punch him the the nose for her battle with MS, Metatron would be one smashed up angel at the moment!! But you're right Meta, you've got to look at things and realize how many good people there are and what peole have to go through and get strength from it. I know I'll never be half the man my father is and I'll never be half the person my mother was but I'm comfortable with that. I can always use them for inspiration. And now you too! ;)

And my name is a mix of my name and Brainiac from Superman! I've a friend who named me because I read Superman comics and because I got high marks in physics in high school! I keep trying to tell him I'm a "tard" but he won't listen!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
teej

Post by teej »

metatron wrote:Na, man, their not bad, it just something that happened & life goes on. And when I'm feeling down about it, I just think that there are a lot more people out there that are in a lot worse situations than me. Everyone has their cross to bare. Most people think that the other guys doing good, but unless you walk in their shoes you never know. The other thing I realized was there is a funny side to pretty much everything. Even when I was doped up on the bed & the I was surrounded by doctors ramming central lines into my neck & the blood was squirting across the room. The thing is you find that there are a lot of good people out their. It just seems that the bad ones stand out so much that they overshadow the good. When I got out of hospital my good friend actually tried to get hold of VV to call me for cheer up....nothing. But the ultra cool thing was Kim Hooker & Jay Pepper from Tigertailz rang me at home. Spoke to them for about an hour. Very nice guys. I told Kim when I was lying on the dead & the Doctors where putting the central lines into my neck, I was sing their sang, 'Make me bleed'. Said he'd never think of the song in the same light. They rang even though they were having their own dramas. Their bass player Pepsi Tate was dying from pancreatic cancer.
I know VV had tragedy in his life, but man, you just gotta get back on that horse. 'Never say die...Iron Eagles...Luv my King Kobra'

I had the gig bagged for Tigertailz UK with Stevie Jamez and was gonna be touring Europe supporting Whitesnake but they got nailed over the name ... such a shame really
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Guys, there's some real inspiration in this post, and it's true, many others are doing it worse than yourself, so be glad for what you have.

My daughter may have an issue with asthma, and luckily she's over being allergic to milk and eggs, but still has a peanut allergy.

So what! A kid in her daycare class was just diagnosed with a Stage 4 Neuroblstoma, which is just a horrible thing, so you really gotta be thankful for what you've got.

What a great bunch of guys.

Very sorry to hear about your mother Shramiac, my sincere condolances.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

[quote="shramiac"]I just lost my Mum last week

Condolences from me too! My dad died last year, I can remember how bad and strong the feelings are....
metatron

Post by metatron »

Shramiac. Very sorry to hear about your Mum. I'm sure you have done your parents proud. Or parents grow up in a different era, different circumstances. There is no way that I can match up to my parents. We are all different & that’s what makes the world cool. Image we were all the same, pretty boring existence. Shramiac, you be you. Funny the things you learn in life. Even by being in a Glam band. People judge & they don’t know sh!t about. Shramiac, march to your own beat & the rest will follow. Yes Metatron is a pretty smashed up angel right now. It’s ok, everyone needs their wings clipped every once & a while, otherwise you’ll fly to close to the run. Makes you remember that your mortal. One of the most evil sins is that of pride. In some ways, I’m luck that my lesson was only to get sick(& not end up dead), could have been worse.

Must be a temptation to be god.
Because there's a conflict in every human heart between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. The good does not always triumph. Sometimes the
dark side overcomes what we called the better angels of our nature.

Vic, sorry to hear about your daughter. Noticed the other day (Think I was 2day2nite chaneel 7, Aldi, don’t have all the food colouring & presevatives in their range, might help with your daughter). Also I a big believer in Reverse Osmosis Water Filters. They are pretty cheap on ebay & even if they help a little, I think it’s worth it. I know a fair bit about this if you are ever interested.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks Dannii but we have it easy with our girl. There's so many worse off for so many other things.

I'll have to check out those filters and what they do. Our water here is pretty good I think, some of the best in the country?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

AMAZING PEOPLE, AMAZING BOARD !! Blessings to you ALL !!!

INSPIRED, Rick S. -Poserboy71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

teej wrote:I had the gig bagged for Tigertailz UK with Stevie Jamez and was gonna be touring Europe supporting Whitesnake but they got nailed over the name ... such a shame really
Teej, what Whitesnake didn't like the name Tigertailz?
metatron

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote:I thought Metatron looked a lot like Alan Rickman! Ha ha. Ahhhh Dogma, a fantastic film.
Awesome movie, 'Fly fat ass, fly' :D
teej

Post by teej »

metatron wrote:
teej wrote:I had the gig bagged for Tigertailz UK with Stevie Jamez and was gonna be touring Europe supporting Whitesnake but they got nailed over the name ... such a shame really
Teej, what Whitesnake didn't like the name Tigertailz?
no it turned out there were 2 bands going at the same time .. I am not sure of the history really but Stevie Jaimz (or however the hell you spell it) was the origional singer (cant remember the bassist´s name) and used the name Tigertailz UK .. the other band with Pepsi Tate et all nailed him in court over the use of the name and the tour never happened .. they approached me from seeing youtube stuff and from myspace ... I think that was my best shot at fame to date haha .. I still plan to record nxt yr with a little help in the production side from my good lady
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yer I know about that law suite. F**ked 4 u man. I really like Tigertailz and I've recently heard some newer Stevie Jamez material. Gotta say musically it was great. Production not so crash hot. But the songs were really good. You'd fit right in. The stuff I heard was like a heavier DLR 'em & smile alblum. Really love to hear you material after you record. I actually e-mail you years ago after seeing you on youtube shredding away. (think you were doing Back on the streets) Very Impressed mate. :D
metatron

Re: Names used on this board

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote: For instance, Poserboy is a name my friend gave me twenty some odd years ago because when I'm on stage ,I pose and enjoy dressing UNIQUELY . Also my hair has been long, curly, and big,
POSERBOY71
Photos bro, Photos
teej

Post by teej »

metatron wrote:Yer I know about that law suite. F**ked 4 u man. I really like Tigertailz and I've recently heard some newer Stevie Jamez material. Gotta say musically it was great. Production not so crash hot. But the songs were really good. You'd fit right in. The stuff I heard was like a heavier DLR 'em & smile alblum. Really love to hear you material after you record. I actually e-mail you years ago after seeing you on youtube shredding away. (think you were doing Back on the streets) Very Impressed mate. :D
thanx man .. honestly I never really liked them other than a few trax but I was just doing it to get the gig .. they were recording in Sweden if I remember correctly at the time .. oh yeah .. bass player was Ace something-or-other .. silly names .. easy tunes to play on .. I got approached cos they were looking for VV (hahaha) to record with them and found me .. did a few demos for them and all was good .. then the court case hit them .. but I was planning to go to London to jam with them .. alas it never transpired but I dont think anyone else was in the running
metatron

Post by metatron »

Teej, if only you where in Sydney Australia, when the lead guitarist in my band left my band 'Pink Champagne'. Man we would have got no where as far as fame & money goes (even the big bands in Australia don't make money), but f**k man, we would have had fun getting there. :D
teej

Post by teej »

metatron wrote:Teej, if only you where in Sydney Australia, when the lead guitarist in my band left my band 'Pink Champagne'. Man we would have got no where as far as fame & money goes (even the big bands in Australia don't make money), but f**k man, we would have had fun getting there. :D
never say never dude .. I´m not dead yet ;)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

metatron wrote: Awesome movie, 'Fly fat ass, fly' :D
That's actually a quote from the movie 'Mallrats' .Funny thing is I just wore my shirt that says that phrase to the Kiss show last night. I wonder if Gene and Paul thought it was directed at them ? :lol: :lol: Go to www.Kissonline.com and check out the picture of Kiss taking a bow. I'm in the front row, red long sleeve shirt ,my son in front in the Cat make up and my daughter (made up like the Fox) is obscured in the picture at my right side.

I introduced my kiddies to Fran(Paul's tech )and he gave them both some picks . When Eric came front and center with some sticks,he approached my kids FIRST and made sure that they each got a stick.

Sneaking into the front row at a Kiss concert=EASY
Picks and Sticks for my kiddies =COOL
Blowing my kid's minds and being a DAD= PRICELESS

Rick -The Poserboy-

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

poserboy71 wrote:
metatron wrote: Awesome movie, 'Fly fat ass, fly' :D
That's actually a quote from the movie 'Mallrats' .Funny thing is I just wore my shirt that says that phrase to the Kiss show last night. I wonder if Gene and Paul thought it was directed at them ? :lol: :lol: Go to www.Kissonline.com and check out the picture of Kiss taking a bow. I'm in the front row, red long sleeve shirt ,my son in front in the Cat make up and my daughter (made up like the Fox) is obscured in the picture at my right side.

I introduced my kiddies to Fran(Paul's tech )and he gave them both some picks . When Eric came front and center with some sticks,he approached my kids FIRST and made sure that they each got a stick.

Sneaking into the front row at a Kiss concert=EASY

Rick -The Poserboy-
Awesome !
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote: Sneaking into the front row at a Kiss concert=EASY

Rick -The Poserboy-
Awesome man!. I remember being a kid & seeing KISS on TV for the first. Blow my mind. Totally scared me for life, so much so that when I had my band I just didn't want to be in a band, I wanted to be the next KISS. Always be my first love. They r the guys that go me into everything else. Good on you Rick.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

8 AND 6 YEARS OLD !! Their first real concert . I'm so glad that I can see the world through their eyes. In the picture you will notice that my daughter and I are laughing hysterically because the three of us were having so much fun . :D :D

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:8 AND 6 YEARS OLD !! Their first real concert . I'm so glad that I can see the world through their eyes. In the picture you will notice that my daughter and I are laughing hysterically because the three of us were having so much fun . :D :D -PB71-
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

WOW,
That red shirt stands out !! :shock: :shock: My hair was in a bun on top of my head at this point!It was hot with the flames and all. The CO2 jets were right in front of us and were extremely soothing.

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

That's a killer shot. 1 4 the photo album.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Awesome stuff Rick.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Didn't have a redder shirt? Ha ha. Nice one.
Thanks for kind words too guys. Makes me feel better.