9/11

Non Vinnie discussion
shramiac

9/11

Post by shramiac »

Ten years already. Best wishes to those (we all are I suppose, in some way) affected by it!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Re: 9/11

Post by doublev2 »

I was changing subway trains in the building that morning . My uncle was a Xerox repair man in the building and a good friend died while washing dishes in the windows on the world restaurant. Makes me sad such a nice guy died washing dishes. I suppose that's the shit world we live in. So hard to believe that people went through such mayhem, fear, pain and courage. My father in law worked in the woolworths building next door and he was the only survivor or an ambush in Vietnam and he said it was more scary than that.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I will never forget the unbreakable spirit of the people of New York when this tragedy happened 10 years ago... It was amazing to witness the unity of not only a city under fire but the US as a nation..Those bastards knocked down your buildings but they only made you Stronger...Best Regards to all our friends in the US on this day...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I can't believe it's been 10 years tomorrow morning since I woke up to the crazy news of what had happened.

Just finished watching the final episode of Rescue Me tonight as well, great show with a lot of 911 commentary.

Such a sad day that people would do something like that. Those first responders were very brave souls.

My thoughts are with them and the innocent victims working in or near the towers.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

My mom called my house and told me to turn on the news. The first tower was hit. I watched the second tower get hit LIVE on the air.My son was 16 days old when this happened. I remember sitting on the couch and holding him while I cried ,thinking of the horrible world that I brought him into.
Common sense took over and I realized that the world has ALWAYS been like this . News just spreads quicker now.A time of innocence has never existed.MEDIA exposes things in an instant now. That is the only difference between the world of today and the world of many years gone by. Evil has always been around but GOOD people always rise to the occasion and OVERCOME.

I celebrate the innocent lives that were lost on that day, I celebrate all of the people that came together to fight evil. I celebrate ALLthe people touched by this.

GOD Bless
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS