You can't go wrong with this:

Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Are you a Mathias Jabs fan?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I do think he's a hot guitar player, very tasty lead work. I love his style.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Even though the song has been extremely overplayed, I consider Mattias' guitar solos and fills on "Rock You Like A Hurricane" to be perfect and one of the best solos of all time.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

His work on LAFS is just excellent. Great tone and sound on the record, you can see why it was a super seller.
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

I was never much of a big Scorps fan, I'm sure if I listened to their stuff that isn't played on the radio then I'd probably like it, but I did like the recording of Rock You Like A Hurricane with the orchestra I thought that was really cool. I also really like The KISS Symphony DVD I used to watch it all the time when I was but a wee lad ;D
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Go and get thyself teh Love At First Sting albums. Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism and Blackout are old ones I like. Face The Heat is newer but old and also an album I like.

Never got into Uli Roth's playing with them. I prefer Matthias on lead.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Ahhhh, I got to jump in on this one. Respectfully, without Uli Jon Roth there would have never been a Yngwie Malmsteen, Marty Friedman or Neo Classical Fusion. I understand different strokes for different folks and certainly Mathias Jabs tasteful but much more symplistic playing was certainly more commercial. You also can't argue the long line of commercial hits following the arrival of Mathias Jabs for the Scorpions. With that said it was amazing the technique that Uli possessed as long ago as the mid 1970's. Uli was at the height of his technique as a solo artist but since your a Scorpion Fan check out the chops this guy had in 1977 or 33 years ago. He still amazes me! I like Mathias but he doesn't amaze me. :)

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The playing is impressive, but doesn't do much for me. I don't like Hendrix much either, don't listen to his stuff at all.

I'm not much into other shred type players like a lot of you guys. Vinnie does it for me, but not the rest. I don't listen to Vai or Friedman or even Yngwie, though some of his songs are ok.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

WOW! :) :) :) :)
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

Totally agree with you Genebaby, I'm from Seattle, Renton specifically where Hendrix was born and raised. I could never get into the older guys like SRV, Paige, Clapton, guys like those probably because I was nurtured on Van Halen, KISS, and Bon Jovi, so the classic players really didn't interest me, especially since my family gave me the damn Clapton book for Christmas one year saying that I "have to like Clapton" even though none of them play any instrument and wouldn't know a guitar if it swam up and bit them in the ass and are telling me that I need to listen to this guy to become a better guitar player. The book now collects dust atop a shelf, never been opened.
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, when I think of chops, I wanna see something like this:

metatron

Post by metatron »

mmmmmmmmmm...Chops
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote:Ahhhh, I got to jump in on this one. Respectfully, without Uli Jon Roth there would have never been a Yngwie Malmsteen, Marty Friedman or Neo Classical Fusion. I understand different strokes for different folks and certainly Mathias Jabs tasteful but much more symplistic playing was certainly more commercial. You also can't argue the long line of commercial hits following the arrival of Mathias Jabs for the Scorpions. With that said it was amazing the technique that Uli possessed as long ago as the mid 1970's. Uli was at the height of his technique as a solo artist but since your a Scorpion Fan check out the chops this guy had in 1977 or 33 years ago. He still amazes me! I like Mathias but he doesn't amaze me. :)
Gotta agree. Without the likes of Uli Jon Roth, Hendrix, Allan Holdsworth, Jeff Beck, Brian May (short I've missed heaps) there would be no Vinnie. They were light years a head. Just listen to Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song (http://www.guitarsolos.com/videos-led-z ... 8E%5D.cfm0) & that's basically VVI Ashes to Ashes. Great people create, Brilliant people imitate...
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Slayer wrote:Ahhhh, I got to jump in on this one. Respectfully, without Uli Jon Roth there would have never been a Yngwie Malmsteen, Marty Friedman or Neo Classical Fusion. I understand different strokes for different folks and certainly Mathias Jabs tasteful but much more symplistic playing was certainly more commercial. You also can't argue the long line of commercial hits following the arrival of Mathias Jabs for the Scorpions. With that said it was amazing the technique that Uli possessed as long ago as the mid 1970's. Uli was at the height of his technique as a solo artist but since your a Scorpion Fan check out the chops this guy had in 1977 or 33 years ago. He still amazes me! I like Mathias but he doesn't amaze me. :)

That was definately a dose of fat tasty chops!
Never ever in my life listened to the Scorpions but will try and track that baby down on LP from ebay......Chop chop!

I'm much preffering old music that i have not discovered rather than recent stuff.
Got Neil Diamond - Hot August Night and that's not a bad listen. lp again.

On the list to get is some more Led Zep, maybe a pink floyd or 2.
Other than that i need suggestions.
Might need to start another thread.........
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:Yeah, when I think of chops, I wanna see something like this:

When this thread started , this is what I initially thought of but was too lazy to post. Kudos to Vic !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

And I made sure they were really tasty chops too!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

You made those? :shock: :shock: :shock: My mouth is watering !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I wish....I made sure the pic I chose was delicious looking...lol....