Show us ya chops !

Non Vinnie discussion
birnie

Show us ya chops !

Post by birnie »

Alrighty then...
Most peeps here must be guitar players of some sorts.
Just wanted to start a thread where people can share their skills/embaressments on the ax

I know teej has got some beauties out there.
And Chris, spend 5 mins and give us the goods! ;)

here's me having a bash at Extreme's - Play With Me (not very good)

...and how it should sound

Have fun!

PS.....How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?
Four
1 to do it and 3 more to stand around saying they could have done it better
ROFL!! :lol:
teej

Post by teej »

I heard it was 12 :p
teej

Post by teej »

10 OUT OF 10 Man .. power to ya
birnie

Post by birnie »

Just to be sure, that 2nd vid wasn't me unfortunately 8)
teej

Post by teej »

yes i was aware of that man .. but I love people who try and dont be dicks about their playing ,.,, I still say 10 out of 10 .. effort and balls means everything to me
birnie

Post by birnie »

Thanks man! :P
metatron

Post by metatron »

teej wrote:yes i was aware of that man .. but I love people who try and dont be dicks about their playing ,.,, I still say 10 out of 10 .. effort and balls means everything to me
Yer man, that was cool. (the 2nd guy cheated, his amp was louder!) :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The only chops I have are tasty ones on the bbq!!!

Very cool though, I'm more of an Ace/Slash kind of player, I can't play like yourself or Teej.

I love Vinnie's work but I'm not into other "shredders" so to say, not sure why really.

I've never recorded myself, might give it a go one day. Maybe...
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

teej wrote:yes i was aware of that man .. but I love people who try and dont be dicks about their playing ,.,, I still say 10 out of 10 .. effort and balls means everything to me
Exactly, I'll take humple and sloppy over an ASSHOLE that's proficient ANYDAY !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

recent gig with thunderhead

heres a live clip from july 30 in new orleans ( damm that was a long drive) it has some clams hope every one enjoys
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Some cool guitar work there Chris. You were on the far left?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Way to let yer balls swing LOW brutha !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

im the cowboy hat next to the bassist.. we did 2 shows thats was our first show ever together and the original members first show together in 35 yrs.. the 2nd night we did a live remote of the whole show for a live cd ..

hope theres more footage soon ..

we had a greuling trip i was exhausted be fore we even got to play that night im totally burned out right now its gonna take aweek for em to get back to normal i drove 24 hours there in one shot no stops except for gas and food and that sorta stuff and the same on the way back spent very little time down there sad enough itwas 107 degrees out side and on the high way you could smell " buring oil " and we were 6 hours give or take in land damm oil spill....
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

I guess I'll show off a bit(sarcasm) if you go to YouTube and search TJSHOOKER , just like that, you'll find our recent gig. Mind our guitarist Greg, had 2 practices with us. I'm fond of the guns and roses myself. I would post a direct link but my phone makes things hard enough.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Hey, well done.
Watched Piece Of Me. love the Skids

Which one are you?
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

tj always rocks
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

kiss ass !! :D :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

you know it :-P
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

I'm the singer. Thanks guys.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

yea poserboy it was like 104 during the day hot hot hot
metatron

Post by metatron »

chris bickley wrote:recent gig with thunderhead

Cool, nice groove & harmonized lead. is it just me or does the sound cut out @ around 2mins into it?
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

TJMonster wrote:I guess I'll show off a bit(sarcasm) if you go to YouTube and search TJSHOOKER , just like that, you'll find our recent gig. Mind our guitarist Greg, had 2 practices with us. I'm fond of the guns and roses myself. I would post a direct link but my phone makes things hard enough.

Went to party & got into a fight...(was) the story of my life. An't easy being pretty.

Love Orgy..the band that is.

Play this for daughter, the whole Toy Story thing...Go Rick Springfield, you Aussie.

An't that the truth.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

yea i dunno why the clip did hat its only a minute and 58 secs long taken from soiem ones camera the video is also not syncing up with the music. maybe ill take a better look at that
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

try this one i re loaded it
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I noticed a skip around that 2min mark but figured it was my net connection at work or something....
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice work TJ, you should play a VVV onstage! That's a GMP yeah or did you make it?
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

no its the video strange when i play it before i uploaded it its fine but you tube stretched it weird . heres the myspace video http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =107771666
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

Got a show this Saturday with lots of hunniez. I'll post the vid on here once I get it. The stuff I play in my band is a little more laid back than what I play when I plug in at the local Guitar Center, but it still gives you a bit of an idea of what I do.

Here's a short vid of the end of the solo that I do on our song "Animal", I'm playing the black V with the long hair and rockin' the VVI shirt if you look closely enough ;D

I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's fully METAL Jack!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Two V's are really metal. I can hear the potential. You guys have some INTENSE chops. If I may, I think that using calibrated tuners will tighten up your sound. Those little white Boss (TU-2?) pedals are great and are true bypass.
One more thing-- Can we get some cock -rock stance from you and your boys? OWN THAT STAGE !!!
Keep on keepin' on !!!!!

-Poserboy71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Lil' Jack Horny

Thanks poserboy, we're actually both using the TU-2's, Cody just uses too light of strings for this songs tuning (D-standard) and my V needs to get set up and intonated properly. I'm glad you like it, we do a lot of harmonized stuff, we're playing Beneath The Surface Saturday night which has harmonized sweeps before the breakdown riff. Boy how times change, I remember my father explaining to me why he didn't keep playing in a band in the 70's, he said "I got replaced by a guy who played like Van Halen, now every 12 year old plays like Van Halen"
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I hear you there. Learn to be aware of the players around you yet follow your own path. I love Vinnie Vincent and Paul Gilbert and I work on my chops and songwriting but when I play, I think of Rick Nielsen and Joe Perry.

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Lil' Jack Horny

I've always been a firm beleiver of being your own player, but lately I've dissected my playing and notice a lot of George Lynch and Warren Demartini when I'm just cutting loose, as I use a lot of pinch harmonics and aggressive phrasing, but my favorite guitar players will always be Vinnie, Randy, and Jake E Lee.
Lil' Jack Horny

I just wanted to let you guys know that our show last week went without a hitch and I should have a video up once Levi shows me how he posted them.

I mainly wanted to share with you that the moment not captured on video that I was excited about was for one part of our song Age of Anxiety that didn't have vocals I screamed "I shot JR" Just a little tribute to one of my favorite shows ;D
metatron

Post by metatron »

ABOVE TOP SECRET : Legend has it that, sometime in March 2008, a Delta Winged (shaped like a V) UFO materialized over Sydney, Australia. For what seemed liked a split second for us mortals, all life on earth was propelled in a state of suspended animation (Yer, just like in the TV series, Fastfoward) for several hours. From this V shaped crafted (we’ll call it the Aurora project) emerged four wise men. (kick in that Queens Song, ‘ Princes of the Universe’ from the Highlander soundtrack) Vinnie Vinnie, Andre LaBelle , Tj Racer Anthony Brehmer & Robert Fleischman. These four wise men surround the newborn babe and named her, ‘Aurora’. Then the Ankh Warrior (Vinnie Vincent) handed Aurora the last of the ‘ Pink Jackson RR5 guitars’ and bestowed upon her the eternal powers of the Pyro Messiah. He then turned to her and said, 'Go forth & shred, oh little Love Bomb Baby...Go Shred'.
The Ankh Warrior also said to Aurora(the star child), 'Go forth & avenge me sevenfold, against those two masked ones, who didn't put my face on the 'Creatures of the Night' album, who butchered my leads, who didn't give me any royalties & put their names to my songs'.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great pic. Is that a RR24? Looks like it has a Floyd. Did it come standard in Pink? I haven't kept up with these newer released models.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote:Great pic. Is that a RR24? Looks like it has a Floyd. Did it come standard in Pink? I haven't kept up with these newer released models.
You can click on the Picture, it goes to a Video. Yer came in the standard Pink. (Get it cause it was Pink)
It's a Japanese made JACKSON® RR5FR, METALLIC PINK W/SILVER BEVELS RHOADS. Alder body, Neck-thru-body Rock maple neck with scarf joint headstock, 3rd Fret: .790", 12th Fret: .850"
Seymour Duncan JB SH4 Humbucking Pickup (bridge) and Jazz SH2N (neck) humbucker
Compound-radius rosewood fretboard 12" to 16" ,MOTO sharkfin inlays
25-1/2" scale, 22 jumbo frets, 1-11/16" nut width
Floyd Rose FRT 02000 double-locking 2-Point Tremolo
Volume, volume, tone, three-way
Black hardware
Lil' Jack Horny

Here's a more up-to-date video, but still pretty old. Just jammin' out a few licks on my friends cheap Epi Les Paul. Once again, rocking the VVI shirt (No, this isn't the only shirt I wear)

[/i]
birnie

Post by birnie »

Awesomeness !!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's some shredding. I can't play like that at all. I'm more in the Ace vein.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Lil' Jack Horny wrote: [/i]
RIGHT THE FUCK ON YOU SICK LITTLE FUCKER !!! :shock: :shock: :D :D That kinda riffage will get you the sweetest of poon tang . :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Lil' Jack Horny wrote:Here's a more up-to-date video, but still pretty old. Just jammin' out a few licks on my friends cheap Epi Les Paul. Once again, rocking the VVI shirt (No, this isn't the only shirt I wear)

[/i]
That's killer!!!
Lil' Jack Horny

Thanks a lot guys!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Which laundry detergent did you use to wash your VV shirt? Seriously, you've got a wide selection in the background! :P Those cheapo Epi LPs have actually got very loud (not as in noise) pickups. The cheapest bolt-on pick-ups are louder than my Jems!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Lil' Jack Horny

Haha, it's my bass players garage, Shramiac. I took a minute after practice to plug in and jam out a bit :D
Lil' Jack Horny

Well gentlemen, it's official, my Explorer was stolen and I won't be getting it back. It saddens me, seeing how it was signed by George Lynch >:( But, with darkness comes the light, and soon I will begin work on my next custom guitar. This time I'm going with the V. I was going to have TJ work on a VVV for me, but I can't really afford that, and after Vinnie had his freak out and cancelled the official VVV, I am going to build a pseudo-replica. Gibson V body, Jackson style neck, reverse headstock, reverse sharkins, pink, Dimarzio's, mirror pickguard, five way switch, one master volume, and "I Shot JR" painted on the side. Hopefully I can get it finished before Christmas because I need a guitar to switch to for drop C tuning live.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Your positivity is inspiring. I would want to kill a fucker for stealing my worst guitar.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That sux donkey balls LJH! Hope you find it one day!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What happened to your guitar man?....That sux the big one....

My heart dropped one night at a gig when I couldn't find my main guitar, the red/blackburst strat. I found it near the doorway, it freaked me out.

No idea who did it, just glad to have it back and am more careful again with my stuff at gigs.

We gotta see pics of this new beasty. Though if you can't afford a TJ VVV, then the official one is definitely off your list.
Lil' Jack Horny

It was at Cody's house because I left it in his car after the gig and he just kept it in his room, then they went out of town and someone broke in and stole some stuff, among the stuff was Cody's V and my Explorer. But I was doing some thinking last night and I don't know if I want another V because my Explorer was super heavy and it definitely has to do with the size of the guitar and amount of wood in it, so I think Imma build another Explorer. Maybe silver? Any ideas on paint schemes would be much appreciated :D