azg inspired custom shop Lp???

Non Vinnie discussion
quentin

azg inspired custom shop Lp???

Post by quentin »

You be the judge! Came across this guitar recently, while in search of a new lp.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-Gibson-Custom- ... 5643c81ad3
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: azg inspired custom shop Lp???

Post by Genebaby »

It has that style of paint job, but I wonder how many people in the world would know about that guitar.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
quentin

Post by quentin »

The color sequence really gives the impression it was inspired by the pear. Most lp's these days aren't worth the money just for a custom finish. Simply cause you can buy old ones, and have them refinished, and the sky is the limit with color, pickups, wiring, ect. I don't like the pickups Gibson uses now. The custom ones they used in some guitars in the 90s I think sounded better, they were a notch away from being Duncan Alnico 2 pros. I remember when the 57 classics came out, and the burstbuckers. Since the 90s they keep dropping those pups into all the guitars. I wish they would focus on new pickups. The new Rhoads is out, haven't checked out any specifics, but those pups are prob in that guitar. Hardly a signature lp.
doublev

Post by doublev »

quentin i have a sid poole Les Paul I may sell. incredible thing.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i still say the gibson sonex is better than the les paul.
doublev

Post by doublev »

sonex

[youtube][/youtube]
quentin

Post by quentin »

Hey D, how are you :)? Is the Sid Poole a flametop standard? I say hold on to it, these days it seems the value is down on alot of Gibsons, you wouldn't get a good price for it in my opinion. I saw a 71 custom go for a little over a grand, hate i missed it, it just didn't have hardware which was a plus for me. Not a fan of gold hardware really. Have you seen the new Floyd Rose retrofit trem yet? You should try out one of these on the guitar.

http://bestofnamm.com/products/view/les ... floyd-rose

These are new, I came across an nos version from the 80's. I want a black one as soon as they are available, I'm wondering how they will perform. I want a lp axcess I think is Gibsons best guitar in years, thats the most expensive guitar I'd buy now.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev wrote:i still say the gibson sonex is better than the les paul.
What's your reasoning? :shock:
Why on Earth would you feel this way? :lol:
doublev

Post by doublev »

In guitar centre in 95 I think I played a brand new Gibson ace frehkey , a 68 les paul custom and the sonex and I felt the sonex killed them all. Maybe just my taste. The dirty fingers pickups are great.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Sorry 1997
The sonex is the rc cola of les pauls.
Sid poole maid amazing les pauls. His assistant makes 59 copies and fakes them but they are better than the originals in a lot of people eyes.
quentin

Post by quentin »

Ah those dirty fingers are why!!! Those are killer pickups, and I think one of the best stock pickups Gibson did, also 1 of the highest output humbucker. The new ones I understand don't sound as good as the old ones. Those are the key to the tones of Sykes, and Schenker. I can see why you'd like the sonex more. If the 68 was real it prob had Ttop pups in it. and the Frehley guitar most had super distortions. I played one yrs ago when the first came out, I didn't think it had that much mojo to it. The sunburst finish on them was nice.
doublev

Post by doublev »

The sonex was $295 and had been sitting forever.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

The finish on the Gibson Frehleys is incredible, can't comment on the sound as I haven't had the pleasure of playing one...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
doublev

Post by doublev »

it did look good, but with ace's pic on there its more of a colectable than something you would play live unless you were in a tribute band maybe.
doublev

Post by doublev »

the sonex looks like shit and plays amazing. I heard that basically Gibson used parts from damaged high end les pauls. I am not sure if its true but I heard the necks were collected from damaged les paul bodies and re-moulded into bolt on necks. the bodys were synthetic I believe.
Maybe it was the Dirty Fingers pick ups that made them sound so good.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

quentin wrote:You be the judge! Came across this guitar recently, while in search of a new lp.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-Gibson-Custom- ... 5643c81ad3

Hmm....maybe so Q??? I couldn't see the colours as good on my phone as I can here!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(